bunnycates

bunnycates

The Fat Kid's Wolfy Revenge: Not for the Weak Hearted or Mature Minded

The Fat Kid's Wolfy Revenge: Not for the Weak Hearted or Mature Minded - Kristian J. Hanson This book is written in the "campy" horror style like you would see on syfy channel starring someone hilarious like Bruce Campbell. It is also very raunchy. Kind of like the movie FEAST, it cracks jokes at horror movies while having it's own gore, etc... I am giving it 3.5 stars because: though it was not my favorite kind of read - I did keep reading it (It wasn't bad enough that I had to put it in my DNF pile.) Pluses: It has some very funny moments, with some great one liners "ZING!" and I did actually LOL a few times. I loved the comedy, and loved the movie references throughout.The language for me was a turn off. Much cussing, and some kind of sex (or worse violent sex) in pretty much every chapter. The writing style itself kind of annoyed me a little too. HOWEVER, with that being said, I should point out that the book is written as a set of blog posts by a senior boy about to graduate high school. Grammar and writing style HAD to be as they were or the story would have lost all believability. Well, not that I believe in werewolves - but you get what I am saying. As a parent, would I want my son to read this one? NO. But with that said - the target audience for this book (by target -> I mean those that would probably enjoy it MOST) is probably males between the ages of 16-21. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under the age of 18, simply due to the content.NOTES FOR PARENTS:Language: Severe (if its a cuss word - its probably in here atleast once)Violence: Severe (murder, blood, gore)Sexual Content: Severe (sex, masturbation, rape)