bunnycates

bunnycates

Shadowbloom: Rhyme of the Willow

Shadowbloom - Samuel Sullivan, Justin Sullivan This book was just "ok" for me. Would be good for middle grade, I think. The characters just weren't that likable to me (typical tomboy angry older sister, nerdy quiet younger brother) the story line was ok. I just felt like I'd read it a thousand times in a thousand other books. Think Spiderwick & 13 Treasures, only no where near as developed or good. Take the other stories and replace bad fairies with "plants", and you've got the idea. Notes:This book could use a re-edit. Several typos, and punctuation misses such as missing end quotes - etc.*I will be picking up book 2 when it comes out, to see where the story goes.**I got this book FREE off of amazon for my kindle. It was FREE. I don't think I would be pleased had I BOUGHT it. The story just kind of glugged along and the typos are a real "turn off".***UPDATING***After reading some "real shitz" books lately, I realize I was a little hard on this book in this review. After having "sat" on it a while, I actually liked the story. The characters needed a little work for me, as a grownup, but my kids had no issues with the book. Enjoying it with the kids - made it a better experience. If that makes sense. Am looking forward to seeing how the story progresses.