bunnycates

bunnycates

The Telling

The Telling - Mike Duran **Originally posted on www.bunnycates.com **http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dosXsgO5mdkI discuss this at 10:59 in the video aboveMy Thoughts:I read this book in about a day. And I have to tell ya, according to my reading updates on goodreads… I may have liked this book. Just a little.Being October, I was really in the mood for something to freak me out, and THE TELLING did just that. The story has a strong religious base with that age old battle the we all love – Good vs Evil. Will someone be able to stop it before the 9th Gate bursts open and all Hell breaks loose? Literally.The book has rich characters, I totally loved Zeph. He is the main protagonist in our story and perfect in that flawed, reluctant hero, sort of way. You know that one guy, who everyone knows will save us but he doubts himself so much that he thinks everyone is CRAZY for putting their faith in him. Yeah, that guy. I loved him. He is like that little puppy thats been kicked so many times that it knows better than to trust a person but still for some reason – with those big puppy eyes – he trusts just one more time. The question is, will he get kicked in the face again or will he save the day?! haha..I don’t want to go into a lot of the plot for you, because I don’t want to spoil ANY of the book! What I will tell you is, in my mind, this story reminded me of several of my favorite Hollywood films: The Ninth Gate, End Of Days, Constantine, Invasion of the Body Snatchers… All of my favorite things from these movies, were woven into this book. The action of it, the idea of it, all of it . It was awesome.In Conclusion:Loved this one. It was my favorite read from October. I say pick it up if you’re looking for something that is paranormal scary!Mom Notes:Contains violence and strong religious components. Ages 13+