bunnycates

bunnycates

Island of Silence (Unwanteds (Numbered))

Island of Silence - Lisa McMann Finished this up last night and omg this was so good!The "island of silence" scares the crap out of me! Parts of this one had me sitting up in bed all sweaty palmed and gasping for air waiting for the narrator to say everyone was ok! I'm still waiting. :(lol. Such a great story! Can NOT wait for the next book!!!FULL REVIEW TO COME.~B-------------------------Originally posted on www.bunnycates.comMy Thoughts:I don’t know why I am having such a hard time coming up with how I want to write this review. My brain is so weird sometimes.This is book TWO in a series, so if you haven’t read THE UNWANTEDS which is book ONE… You probably shouldn’t read this review.For me, this book was just as fantastical as the first one. The world that Lisa McMann has built with Artimé and Quill is, for lack of a better word, awesome. Even for me as a grown up. Quill is so dark and dreary, by contrast, Artimé is so colorful and ALIVE. Now, we have The Island of Silence as well – which could possibly be the scariest place I have ever read in a book. (umm, and I read A LOT of horror!)The characters are so well developed, that I feel like I know them. I want to be friends with them (or NOT), I want to hug them (or NOT!)… The author has done such an amazing job here. The characters you are supposed to care about you do – and the ones you are supposed to despise, YOU DO! I would not be lying if I said the inhabitants from the Island of Silence could have been plucked from one of my crazy ass nightmares. They SCARED ME. As in: sat up in bed, gasping for air, praying “my friends” got away from them.The story arc was great! There was so much action, mystery, drama, and suspense. I really can’t believe this is a Middle Grade series. It is THAT GOOD.In Conclusion:I can’t tell you guys how much I enjoy this series. I mean, I tried. Above. Obviously. But sometimes a review for a book or series, really just doesn’t do it justice. This is one of those cases, I think. (review of the first book in this series is HERE ) The world building is fantastic, the characters are dynamic (and lovable), and the story just sucks you in. For me, this one is a win/win/win. I did the first two books on audio, and really hope I pick up the hardcopies to have on my bookshelf soon! Mom Notes:This book has some VERY scary bits in it. Even as an adult, the suspense and description of what happens on the Island of Silence was SCARY!! I think I would have to say this one is maybe ages 11-12 and up.FOR PARENTS and STUDENTS:This book is rated:Interest Level: MGATOS Book Level (reading skill level): 5.4AR Pts: 11.0