bunnycates

bunnycates

Waterfall (River of Time)

Waterfall - Lisa Tawn Bergren LOVED this book. Loved the characters (I "girl-giggled" every time Luca was even mentioned toward the end of the book!!!) haha. Great story, once it got going it was really hard to put down. That says a lot because I don't even LIKE "romance" books! Waterfall wasn't as much romance as it was a time traveling adventure. CAN NOT WAIT for book two! (secretly hoping Hollywood comes calling!!)REVIEW below originally posted on BUNNYCATES.COMOne afternoon, I saw a post on my twitter that was a RT of an author asking if anyone be interested in reviewing her book. I added her and re-tweeted the post for her. She then asked me if I’d like to review it, and I said YES. I sent her my address and my site info so she could see where it would be posted. Shortly after, she emailed me and asked me if I was “sure” I wanted to review it since ROMANCE was not something I normally read. She didn’t say it, but I’m sure she was thinking I would HATE the book since its listed as a “romance” lol.. I told her to go ahead and send it since I loved the movies TIME LINE and the TIME TRAVELERS WIFE. So she did.I picked the book up trying to make myself forget it was a “romance” novel. I mean, just the word makes me roll my eyes a little. I got called to do some work right after I started reading so the book got set aside for a few days (by a few I mean more like 2 weeks). When I picked it back up, of course I couldn’t remember anything I’d read so far so I just started over. I restarted on like early early on a Sunday morning and ended up staying up until 4am the next day just to finish. {my reading updates on goodreads} I could NOT put it down! Yes, 4am. Guess what that means. I LOVED IT!Waterfall is a romance book, but there is so much MORE going on then that. The action and plot kind of draw you in and make you FORGET it’s a romance. The characters are fantastic. The main character Gabi is a strong young female. Which I love. There is no whining, needing rescued by a boy going on with her. Her sister Lia is just as strong. Marcello is so sweet, and his friend Luca… omgosh. I want an entire series of Luca. He is funny, hot, loyal, and fierce. He needs his own series! LOL!I don’t want to say anything more about the plot than what is in the synopsis because I want you to DISCOVER this one for yourself. I will say “From the moment the girls step back through time, until I turned the last page I was totally sucked into the story. I missed phone calls, didn’t answer emails, and even read one handed while cooking dinner. I’m not kidding.”I can even honestly say that because of this book – I even have an interest in Italy’s past history and am looking forward to reading some non-fiction on this time period. Really. I’m not even making that up, I swear.I was sad this book ended and have been pestering my mail man for weeks waiting on CASCADE to arrive! I’m pretty sure he hides until he thinks no one is looking out the window now. LOL!!!If you like romance, time travel, historical fiction, action, or anything of that nature… PICK UP THIS ONE. NOTES TO PARENTS: this is considered Christian Young Adult. There is NO cussing, no sexual content (a few kisses), minimal violence (battle scenes and general war type activities)