bunnycates

bunnycates

Pandora's Succession

Pandora's Succession - Russell Brooks This book for me, was just OK. I think it would be a great read for anyone looking for an "action" story, but for me it fell a little flat on the character connection. From paragraph one, the story is already in full action mode and there is no opportunity to get to know the characters at all. It took a good hundred pages or so to feel anything for the main character, Fox. For me, that hurt the story a little. Don't get me wrong. The negatives in this book are far fewer than the positives.For me the negs:I was not a fan of the writing style/sentence structure. It was very blunt and finite. I almost felt like words were cut out of sentences to make the book fit into x-amount of a word count. The story could have easily had another 30 or 40 pages, just by allowing a little extra descriptive narrative. For the positives:This author obviously put tons of research in not only military procedure but the science of chemical warfare. This adds a layer of believability to this story that many others miss the mark on. That gives us a very "If that really happens..." kind of story. Believability goes a long way in a story like this, and I think any fan of spy/chemical warfare type stories will eat this one right up. I could definitely see this book being bought by Hollywood and made into a big Micheal Bay film.