bunnycates

bunnycates

The Stranger You Seek: A Novel

The Stranger You Seek - Amanda Kyle Williams I received this book for review from the publisher and was so excited. My thinking was a grown up book would be a nice change from the YA rut I’ve been stuck in lately. Not that YA is bad, just sometimes it’s nice to read something different. If that makes any sense! Anyway, The Stranger You Seek: A Novel by Amanda Kyle Williams sure did not let me down! I loved it!Like the synopsis above says: This is a murder mystery. There is a wicked serial killer on the loose in the south. In this book, we follow a PI (ex-FBI) and a PO-leese-Man as they track down the killer. Unfortunately for them, the killer takes just as much an interest in THEM. So this story becomes not only a hunt for the killer but a race against time – to find him before he gets them!Keye, the main character is a recovering alcoholic. She’d been fired from the FBI, and is now a P.I. I loved her. She reminded me of a female Dr. House only with a gun instead of a stethoscope. She is a strong female, who doesn’t take any shit. She has a quick whit and a sharp tongue. She is very smart. It all makes for a realistic, likable, character.As much as I liked Keye, she still wasn’t my favorite character in the story. I loved her assistant Neil. LOVED HIM. lol. He is this pot smoking surfy dude that some how ended up down in Georgia. So out of place, so smart, so funny.