bunnycates

bunnycates

The Gift Giver: A True Story

The Gift Giver: A True Story - Jennifer Hawkins **Originally posted on www.bunnycates.com**Before I start out let me just say that I have always had a hard time reviewing non-fiction work. I am not sure why, but something about it not being “made up” makes it hard for me to form opinions on it. I mean, it HAPPENED. So, there ya go. LOL. With that being said: a little warning on this book.This book is sold as a non-fiction, true story, memoir. It is about a woman who loses her husband, and after his death hears his voice and continues to have conversations with him post mortem – which helps her deal with the aftermath of losing a spouse. If you don’t believe in that type of thing and/or you are not open to the possibility of that, you probably shouldn’t read this book. It is not for you.If you are open to the possibility of that, then DO read this book. It is beautiful. It is heart breaking. It is a blessing, and it is amazing. In truth, I think I started crying around page 20 and didn’t stop until the end of the book. The Gift Giver: A True Story by Jennifer Hawkins is very well written, and the story just flows. I, the reader, felt like I knew these people. I wanted to be there for them, hug them, and see them get through this hardship. I thought it was very inspirational. In the end, it shows that through even the worst of circumstances – there will always be hope. Hope that even the “bad things” that happen have reason. Hope that those we care about know how much we love them. Hope that the things we do (and don’t do)…matter.In Conclusion:I thought this was an excellent read, but be warned…you WILL need kleenex.