bunnycates

bunnycates

Unnatural Law: Darwin's Children, Book 2

Unnatural Law: Darwin's Children, Book 2 - Natasha Larry My Thoughts:First before I say anything else, let me just say that this is a BOOK TWO in a series.  This is going to have spoilerish bits with regards to BOOK ONE.  So if you have NOT read the first book – all you need to know is I LIKED THIS BOOK.  Now, stop reading here so you don’t ruin the first book, and go start reading it.  =DThis book has a lot going on in it, and I am not really sure what I can say that isn’t totally spoilery.   The synopsis sums it up fairly well.  In this book we not only focus on Jaycie and her trying to deal with her power but also with Allison and her loneliness.  There is also something amiss in nature and the Vampires get involved.  So we have the mystery of who is doing what, with whom AND some swoony romance thrown in.  Yes, it IS that hard to explain without spoiling the entire book! haha!Action, mystery, suspense, romance, and paranormal super powers.  There, that about sums it up.In Conclusion:I enjoyed this book (my reading updates on Goodreads).  I’m not sure I would say I liked it “better” than the first in the series, Darwin's Children, but I certainly didn’t like it less.  I’m very pleased that Natasha Larry did not suffer from what is commonly referred to as “the sophomore slump”.   It is hard to find a series that can keep up strong writing and a heavy pace through the sequels.  Not only does Unnatural Law keep up the pacing but the storyline is further developed and the “mystery” of it is solid.  With strong female characters and a strong “family dynamic”, this series is a great example of what YA lit – should be.I say you should definitely pick it up because I can’t wait to read the next in the series.  I do highly recommend reading the first book in the series Darwin's Children so you understand what is going on and know the characters, etc. before reading this one.Mom Notes: Contains some violence and some kissing.  Neither are “graphic”.