bunnycates

bunnycates

In the Tall Grass

In the Tall Grass - Stephen King My Thoughts:I’m not sure what to say about this one guys, if I’m being honest. It started out fantastic, old school horror. You know, creepy with out really giving you too much – making you dread what was on the next page. Then, at some point, the book just kind of takes a turn and not only gives you what you have been dreading, but kind of takes it a step further. No, takes it a step too far. Gives you something you wouldn’t dream of, in this case even kind of makes you gag a little.I love horror, the gorier the better – but for some reason, this one was a little further than I could enjoy. And really the scene in specific wasn’t even GORY in a sense of what you are reading, the actual words on the page. However, the content of the thing. *shivers* was just wrong.Hmmm.I’m a long time Stephen King fan, I’m talking 30+ years here guys. I understand the need to branch out into the digital format, I really do. But for me, the long time reader…it seems like these last few shorts (released as digital content only) have been good stories but then there is an element of “what can we throw in here to cause a little controversy, we need to get people talking” I get that, too, I do…I guess. I mean, how else to get press for a short story without spending a shit ton on advertising. So I do get it. And I know this has been in previous books, I just… I don’t know. In Conclusion:Well, I’m not sure WHAT I should say here. I guess, if you’re a horror fan, I say give it a go. I mean, just be warned, especially if you are a Mom… that some content in this story may not only disgust – but offend. In this tiny 60 page span, I: sweated, teared up, and gagged. So…Mom Notes:Not for children. Contains: language, violence,**Originally post on www.bunnycates.com**