bunnycates

bunnycates

Eyes to See (Jeremiah Hunt Chronicle)

Eyes to See - Joseph Nassise ** originally posted on www.bunnycates.com **Ok you guys! So.. I read this book the other day and wanted to wait a bit before I actually wrote up the review. WHY? you ask. Well, you know when you read a book and you think its so awesome that you immediately run and tell everyone who will listen that they MUST READ IT! But then, like a few days later – you think about that book and you’re like “Damn, that really wasn’t THAT great…” yeah, well.This book isn’t one of those because it has been a few days and ITS STILL AWESOME!Seriously, you guys. IM NOT KIDDING!Eyes to See (Jeremiah Hunt Chronicle) by Joseph Nassise is an urban fantasy tale that teeters on the edge of horror. The main character here is Jeremiah Hunt. He’s just a regular guy. Regular, right up until his daughter goes missing. He spends years of his life doing EVERYTHING he can to find her. Everything, including performing a ritual that was supposed to let him see “that which is unseen”. Little did he know that the “unseen” wasn’t his daughter, it was the paranormal world around us.I thought the world building of this one was great! Its a modern world just like ours, only our main character is now blind to our world and can see all the paranormal around us. Ghosts, specters, witches, and even shifters. Hunt even makes his living by performing exorcisms when he needs some cash to help further the search for his daughter.Character wise, I think Nassise did a fantastic job of giving us characters that you want to know more about and want to help. Jeremiah is that “broken” hero that you NEED in a story like this. Hoping against hope that his daughter is still alive and letting his own life slide because he is so wrapped up in that hope. He loses his job, loses his wife, all because he wont give up on finding his daughter. As a mom, it struck a chord with me and I totally connected with that. The characters that we meet along the way that help Jeremiah were just as “meaty”.Story wise, I really don’t want to go too much into the plot because I don’t want to accidentally spoil anything for you. I will tell you this is a mans quest for his missing daughter, a multiple murder mystery, a paranormal fantasy, an action adventure, with a bit of thrilling horror thrown in – just incase your emotions weren’t already invested. You know, just a little something extra to “keep ya on your toes”.The writing style has this casual feel and thus the story flows in such a way that you read half the book before even thinking about looking at the clock to see how long you’ve been reading. Its one of those books you get lost in. Where when you do look up the clock you realize you haven’t been sitting there for 15 minutes but instead, you’ve been there for HOURS.In Conclusion:I loved *LOVED* this one guys! If you like ghosts/paranormal/fantasy type books you MUST READ this one! Can’t wait to pick up book two King of the Dead (The Jeremiah Hunt Chronicle) by Joseph Nassise!Mom Notes:Maybe for ages 13+. Contains violence, language.