bunnycates

bunnycates

Professor Gargoyle: Tales from Lovecraft Middle School #1

Tales from Lovecraft Middle School #1: Professor Gargoyle - Charles Gilman My Thoughts:This is book ONE in the LOVECRAFT MIDDLESCHOOL series.In this book we are introduced to the series, which revolves around the newly built “Lovecraft Middle School”. We also meet our main character Robert Arthur. The story follows Robert on his journey as he goes to a new school. Along the way, he makes some very unlikely friends and they all work together to solve the mystery of the scary things going on in the school.I enjoyed getting to know Robert and his new friends. As a child, I changed schools several times so I could totally relate to him and his anxiety of entering a new school. Throw in all the scary things that start happening and this book is a great little page turner.In Conclusion:This book is aimed at middle grade readers and I think that age range will love it. There is just enough scary to keep the story creepy and enough mystery and adventure to keep them turning the pages. Even I, a grown up, couldn’t put the book down. I wanted to know what was going to happen next!I say pick this one up if you are a fan of younger horror like Goosebumps and Deadtime Stories!Mom Notes:Might be a little scary to younger readers, however I think this one be fine for ages 8+.